Thursday, April 3, 2008

up, up and away

Hey, friends! This probably will be my last post for a while because my sister and I are taking my kids to Austin! Woohoo!

And, oh no.

G and I flew to Dallas when I was 7 months pregnant with Little Missy and he did so well. We ran around and played in the airport and then on the plane he sat on my lap and slept. So this time around I'm not too worried about him. Little Missy, on the other hand. . .the girl is crazy. She refuses to sit still for any length of time so my sis and I will definitely have our hands full with her. Tonight after Hubby gets home I will be running into Wichita and buying toys, toys and more toys from the $1 Spot at Target to keep the kids occupied on the plane (thanks for the suggestion, Jessica!), and I will be buying lots of those pre-portioned snacks to take on the plane as well. And we'll have our double DVD players that Nana bought the kids for Christmas so that we'd come visit her. It worked, Nana! Here we come! I'm bringing all this stuff to keep the kids occupied, along with the double stroller (I found one! And it is a beauty), along with our luggage containing clothes for four days, and my sister's luggage, so now I'm worried that we'll be able to get everything in my car. I am under a lot of stress right now.

But once we get there we will have so much fun! I am excited to see Nana and Grandpa (and apparently, so is Little Missy. Last night at dinner she was knocking on her highchair: 'Hello? Nana! Come in!'), and I am excited to shop and eat and generally just be in Austin. Also, Brad and Angelina were in Austin last week, per people.com, so I'll definitely keep my eyes open for them.

Talk to you later, friends! And, hook 'em Horns!

-erin

No comments: