1. Gas prices are freaking me out. To fill up each of our cars we are spending $30 - $35 more per week than we were in the fall. Per. Week. That's roughly an extra $120 - $140 per month. That extra money could be going to savings, buying clothes, eating out, but now the retailers aren't getting as much money and the waiter isn't getting as many tips. I don't want to be doom and gloom, but how could this not throw our economy into a recession?
2. Thank you Al Gore. And all you other global-warming alarmists for pushing biofuels. Now corn prices are rising dramatically. And global warming is not even man-made, nor have the Earth's temperatures risen in the past 10 years. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23411799-7583,00.html
3. And food in the grocery store is way expensive, too. G was born 3 1/2 years ago and in his baby book I have that milk was $1.53 per gallon. This morning I paid $3.98. Ridiculous.
4. At least the tax-stimulus package is coming a week early. But I refuse to use that money on anything that I would already be purchasing, i.e. gasoline or corn or milk. We are only spending the money on wasteful and fun things which we would otherwise not be able to buy. Hubby and I are looking to make a patio in our backyard and landscape our frontyard. Probably throw in a Pixar movie and sandbox for the kids.
5. Stash Licorice Tea is the yummiest drink ever invented. I had three cups the other day, none yesterday, and only one so far today. I'm aware of my addiction and trying to slow it.