Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What is that? A BOOK?

Once upon a time I read books. Quite a lot of books. When I was a receptionist at Eby Construction I had stacks of books on my desk, present at all times, ready for whenever I had a minute. During this time of my life I read two books a week, many times in addition to the books I was already reading for class while trying to complete my degree in English Literature. I think this knowledge of literature is what helped me secure Hubby: he is very smart and still reads almost every night before going to sleep.

So, friends, when was the last time I read a book? Six months ago, and it was some silly Oprah recommendation. When was the last time before that? When I was pregnant with Litty Missy, and I Didn't Even Finish The Book. Now I can barely even concentrate long enough to read a magazine article.

I found this website - http://www.time.com/time/2005/100books/the_complete_list.html - and my plan is to deliberately and steadily plow through the list. I really want to know more about literature and less about people.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin that is a fabulous idea! I wish you the best of luck!!!

Fox Family said...

hey erin - good luck with tackling your list. i went and looked at it, it looks overwhelming!! i just watched the movie "beloved", a different but good movie, i have never read the book. but once you finish the book, it is always kind of fun to watch the movie and look for the differences!! let me know how it goes!
love, amanda

Angie said...

I'll read them with you if you'll let me- it might be fun to have a friend to discuss and encourage- let me know what you think.