Monday, November 10, 2008

tagged again

My friend Erin tagged me a few weeks ago and I still haven't completed it. Then Todd-in-law tagged me this morning so I figure I should probably "do this thing," as G would say. Here it goes:

OFFICIAL RULES:

-Link to the person who tagged you.
-Post the rules on your blog.
-Write 6 random things about yourself.
-Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
-Let each person know he/she has been tagged.
-Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

1. Right now I am mighty cold. This morning we woke up to the furnace loud and angry in the basement, bellowing and threatening to blow up. So I turned it off, gave it a rest, and when we came home from our morning errands I turned it back on. That time a small whimper came from the beast; still alive but no longer blowing warm air through the vents. McCune Heating & Cooling has me on their standby list. Before they get here we will be snuggling under blankets and probably drinking hot chocolate.

2. Over the weekend I went to a ladies' retreat with my church. Lots of testimonies, praying and reading and trying to better understand our individual relationships with the Lord. I sat in a room with 50 women from age 22 to 70-something, inspired by all the stories completely unique to them. Each flawed woman, made perfect by Him, daily trying to walk better in the light and knowledge He gives. What I love about the Lord is that even with 6 billion people on earth right now He gives me the attention of an only child.

3. Every day after preschool G has a new song that he sings around the house. His teachers have a song for everything: putting away books after reading time, walking down the stairs and holding the rail, finding out what the weather is for the day. And G is coming out of his shell more and more every time he goes. My previously shy little boy is getting quite comfortable around others and letting all of us see his spunk. Most of the time that's a good thing.

4. I miss Hubby. But in this time my family and friends have surrounded me and helped me to not feel so lonely. They invite me over for dinner, plan activities for me, come over and sit at my house for hours to keep me company, let me spend the night at their house. When Hubby is home my eyes can easily become focused solely on him and the children, but during this time I am again reminded over and over how much love surrounds me. Thank you everyone. They all are a living example of this verse: "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1: 3&4

5. This morning Little Missy and I went to Goodwill to look for clothes for me. I wanted to call my sister while I was there to see what Lucky would say about a jacket I was trying on, but she can't really talk at work, so I grudgingly put it back. But I did find a shrunken jacket, a shirtdress, and two shirts that are pushing my comfort zone in their respective cuts but they are solid colors and that makes them easier to wear. Hey, this is a random post.

6. What the crap is this girl wearing? Mischa is falling into a depression and we are all watching and laughing (I'm trying not to laugh, but seriously).

Here are my friends who will be so happy I tagged them:

1. Amanda

2. Ang

3. Jessi (if she ever decides to post again)

4. Angela

5. Niki

6. Christa

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Just discovered you have a blog! Isn't it fun! It's so much easier to keep family and friends that don't live close up on what's going on in our lives. I didn't realize your hubby was gone! If you need anything, let me know!

Jenelle

PS. I'm so glad you could come to the retreat! It was such a special time! My blog is at kortekountry.blogspot.com

Christa said...

Thanks for the tag....I think....LOL!! I will get after it tomorrow. Hmmm now I have to think up some crazy stuff about myself.
Christa