Tuesday, February 19, 2008

my family, part 1

These are some of the things I love about my 3 1/2 year old G:



G is a rowdy boy with a very sweet spirit. First thing after he wakes up in the morning it's "Let's go check on Little Missy!" He'll tiptoe to see his sister on the bed and if she's awake he'll try to coax her downstairs to play, and if she's asleep he'll say in his loud "whisper" "Let's leave her alone. Sssshhhh."





On My Man's birthday I had G sit down on the floor to draw a pretty picture for his daddy and G sat down and promptly wrote his own name. That was the first time ever. The first time I had even seen him intentionally write any sort of letter, singular, especially not an entire name.





Me: "Whaaaa???? G, I didn't know you could write your name!"


G: smiles up at me. "Mm-hmm."


Me: "When did you learn how to do that? Has Daddy been helping you?"


G: "Mm-hmm."





Well, Daddy hadn't been helping G write his name, the kid had simply seen his name on the wall enough times that he decided to write it himself.





Last week after his nap G caught me looking (spying) out the window at our neighbor's house because there was a sheriff's car and a police car outside, with the corresponding officers on the neighbor's porch.





G: "Mommy, why are you looking out the window?"


Me: "Oh, just because."


G: "Are you looking at the police cars outside?"





I don't even know how G had seen those police cars through the window I was looking, but I can't get much past this kid.



Most of all, I love how sweet G is. When his sister is crying he raises his voice an octave "Here, Little Missy. Do you want this car?" Or he'll hug her "It's okay, it's okay." Right now they are sitting on the stairs, sharing a can of peanuts, and being sweet with eachother. Wait, that moment is over. Now, the peanuts are spilled, G has turned the can over and is banging on the bottom with a kitchen spoon, and Little Missy is standing at the top of the stairs, dancing, smiling. How can I be mad at the mess when they're so sweet with eachother?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Erin I love your family and I am so excited to get to hear about little bits of your life through your blog!!!! I love it!