Monday, September 8, 2008

this is what's up with me

1. We brought home the weather from Seattle. And I have been loving the not-too-sunny days and the wonderfully cool weather. But today the not-too-sunny day has turned downright cloudy and it's started affecting my mood. Which has lead me to writing #2.

2. I wish everyone thought the way I think. All the "free exchange of ideas" and blah blah blah--I'm done with it. In college I enjoyed sitting around with friends and with our different opinions on life, but then one evening I got into a shouting match with a good friend. Ridiculous. I realized then that we would never see eye-to-eye, no matter how well we laid out our arguments, and so I rarely get into discussions with people who don't believe the same things I do. Really, it's because I think I'm right and I don't want to get annoyed with the other person and strain a relationship. So now I just wish everyone were logical and correct in their thinking the way that I am.

3. Our water was out, but now it's back on. But we still have an advisory to boil our water and that is a pain. So this morning the kids and I went to Target and loaded up on food that doesn't need preparation: sandwich stuff, grated cheese, tortillas ... My menu for the week has been thwarted by Augusta's water main break.

4. And I've been thinking a lot about Max. G is almost four, Max is four. So I read the comments on Max's blog and I am so encouraged by all the people who do not know this little guy but are still praying for him and his family. All my friends and family who are praying for him, too. I am surrounded by His love, manifesting itself in my husband, my children, my family and my friends, and on days when I'm a little blue I feel frustrated that I let the little things in life weigh me down when I am witnessing so many of His promises. But I know that He is beside me, holding my hand.